Generally I avoid recruiting people on behalf of my company, but they have recently asked me to hire a person to work directly for me and to hopefully even replace me in the future.Â And, quite frankly, I’m tired of interviewing people brought to me by the company recruiter who have no understanding of what is really involved in writing code.Â So, I wrote this way more interesting sounding job description and now I’m looking to find someone to fill it.Â Are you that person? Know someone whom is that person? Let me know with a quick email sent to vstijob/at/arei/dot/net.
VSTI, A SAS Company, is looking to hire a Junior to Mid-Level Web Developer/Engineer and we want it to be you. Well, we want it to be you ifâ€¦
- You know more about HTML/CSS than just how to write tags and believe that 90% of HTML should be written using only DIV tags and some amazing CSS. In fact, you should be able to tell the difference between block and inline elements at a glance.
- You find the possibility to use cutting edge technologies like NodeJS and ElasticSearch to be darkly enticing. In fact, just the act of us mentioning that you could work with those technologies makes you giggle like a mad scientist.Â After the giggling has died down you decide to go read the documentation just for fun.
- You have a serious passion for technology and want to learn more, a lot more.Â Ideally, you wish you could learn everything through some sort of cybernetic implant process, but you realize that you still havenâ€™t invented that yet and the only way to learn is to read and to get first-hand experience.
Hereâ€™s the obligatory job posting detailsâ€¦
- You must be willing to work in Ellicott City, MD on a daily basis.Â No telework is possible.
- You must have an up to date TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph clearance.
- You must be willing to be figuratively thrown into the fire.
- You must be passionate about learning new stuff.
- You must desire to become an expert in Web Technologies.
- If you have a Github account, a blog, or an active twitter account that will help your cause greatly.
- You might also be competent with some art software like Adobe Fireworks or GIMP, but itâ€™s not a requirement.
In return for all of this VSTI, A SAS Company, will provide you with the followingâ€¦
- A very competitive salary.
- Amazing benefits that you not likely to get elsewhere.
- Small company feel, Large company resources.
- An amazing chance to learn and grow your skills.
- Patriotic pride in what you do (since this is a government contract after all).
- The opportunity to be part of a team where your opinion is valued and taken into consideration.
- The possibility of free beer if you like that sort of thing.
So, if any of this sounds cool to you then you should apply for a job.Â Weâ€™re interviewing now and weâ€™re looking to hire very quickly.